Tuesday 17 April 2012

The start of my Big Adventure

What's a 24 year old,single male who has a tendency to wander going to do with ones life?

Last year I decided to quit my job that I had for 7 years,and backpack as far as I can go with the money I had at the time,I had been saving for approximately 3 years for this moment and the time had come,the most exciting and nerve racking time so far in my life.
My first destination was to be Italy,for a whole month on my own to dip my toes in the backpackers world to see what it was like.And to tell you the truth it was the best experience I could of had,it opened my eyes on surviving on your own,having to fend for yourself in a completely different country,but also I had a whole month where I could go wherever I wanted,with whomever I wanted,for pretty much how ever much time I wanted,imagine that,would you do it?
The time I was in Italy I went to Rome,Pisa,Bergamo,Ferrara,Bologna,Venice,Florence,Luca,Naples,Amalfi Coast and Positano.I had some great experiences like drinking a bottle of wine and whiskey ontop of the steps that overlooked Florence with a couple of Turkish guys and a Canadian guy I met as the sun went down.However corny that sounds,that moment there summed up why Traveling is one of the greatest experiences a person can have,meeting total strangers and becoming friends by spending time with them doing things you wouldn't normally do.

I came back from Italy and immediately packed another bag to go to Creamfields in Chester,that too was something great to experience again,60,000 people just having a great time with each other.

So the seed was set in my brain to get work abit more and travel again,this time for a lot longer and alot further away from England.

1 comment:

  1. Sow those seeds mate.

    Spread them far and wide!

    You've done the hard part, saving and quitting your job. Now's the time to live the dream!

    I'm glad Italy has spurred you on and not deterred you. Go for it bro.

    I await further posts eagerly

    ReplyDelete