Wednesday 25 April 2012

WWOOF

So now the first destination has been decided,what shall I do when I am out there? Well a good friend called Adam pointed me in the direction of WWOOF (World Wide Organisation of Organic Farming).It's basically an organisation in loads of country all over the world where you pay a yearly membership fee to volunteer on a organic farm for roughly 6 hours a day,and in return you get a bed and three meals daily.

Why not kill two birds with one stone? Gain priceless experience by volunteering on a farm in cultural melting pot like India,meet some really interesting people,and see some incredible views that photos in a book just doesn't do justice.But also keeping my budget at a very minimum.From there,who knows what will happen.

I have talked about this for a long time(you're all probably really tired of it by now) with friends,family and just random strangers that I come by.And a lot of older people I have talked to have said these words that have been hammered into my little brain, 'If I was younger I wish I had travelled a lot more'.The key word there being 'wish'.Dreams and wishes are there to be accomplished,otherwise life would be pretty fucking boring wouldn't it? In many years time I wouldn't want to think to myself 'What if I had done that?'

If you have a dream,don't wish you had done it,just do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment